It’s that time of year when our gardens start bursting with zucchinis. We have a beautiful abundance of green beauties that are ready for eating. I have gifted some to my friends, sliced and diced a few others that I’ve put in the freezer… and of course, I’ve whipped up a delicious & moist chocolate zucchini bread.
I love desserts and sweet treats – they’re my favourite. As a child, my Mom would always be in the kitchen baking fresh cookies, cinnamon rolls, tea biscuits and so much more. I have made it my mission to create recipes that are not only delicious, but also nutritious for you, your loved one’s and most importantly your little ones.
This chocolate zucchini bread is great for you – and you’ll love sharing it with your friends and family… (if you don’t keep it all for yourself… haha).
Benefits of Cacao
The source of chocolate used in this recipe is raw organic cacao, the taste is so pure and authentic. Most recipes call for cocoa powder – beware… there’s a big difference between cocoa and cacao.
Cacao is the number one antioxidant food, according to David Avocado Wolfe.
- 40x the antioxidants of blueberries.
- Highest plant-based source of iron.
- Full of magnesium for a healthy heart & brain.
- A natural mood elevator and anti-depressant.
Benefits of Zucchini
We all know the importance of consuming green vegetables. This is one way that you can sneak them into your children’s food without them knowing #winning! Also, what adult wouldn’t love to eat chocolate bread knowing their getting some of their daily greens intake 😉
Zucchini is full of phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals that contribute and support a healthy and vibrant lifestyle. This powerful, low-glycemic vegetable is loaded with Vitamin C, antioxidants, potassium, B vitamins, manganese, zinc, niacin & much more!!!
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
yields 1 loaf – prep time: 15-20 minutes – cook time: 40-50 minutes – serves: 8-10
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with coconut or avocado oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda & salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl or blender combine eggs, oil, maple syrup & vanilla. Blend or stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients slowly. Stir in the shredded zucchini until combined.Lightly fold in chocolate chips without over stirring.
- Pour batter into prepared greased loaf pan. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on the top layer of the bread (optional). Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from pan, allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
- *keep on counter wrapped or in sealed containers up-to 4 days or freeze for a month.
Lots of love,
Catherine Claire – xo