Double Chocolate Paleo Cookies
Who doesn’t love gooey chocolate cookies? These easy paleo double chocolate chip cookies are delicious approved and beyond easy to make! For the people who are following a paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free lifestyle… THESE COOKIES ARE FOR YOU!!!
I could also almost guarantee you that absolutely everyone and anyone would love these chewy cookies. I believe in creating recipes that serve as a healthy alternative to favourite comfort foods, like cookies. With simple swaps in our pantry we are able to make long-lasting lifestyle changes to improve our own health, and the health of our families.
You might be thinking to yourself… cookies are a treat, so just enjoy the sugar’y and white flour cookies. But here’s the thing, we are overloaded with toxins, chemicals, and non-nourishing foods on a daily basis. We are actually able to control the foods that we bring in to our homes, and put into our bodies. It is our responsibility to choose the healthiest, most nourishing alternatives.
It’s not always easy to make a lifestyle change, but that’s why I’m here. I create healthy alternative recipes for you and your family – be sure to check out other recipes. If you want me to re-create one of your favourite recipes, comment below and I’d love to whip something up for you and share it with the community!
Now let’s get to baking!
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 2/3 cups organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl or stand up mixer combine almond butter and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in eggs until fully combined
- Slowly add in cacao powder until completely mixed in
- Add baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Mix/ stir until well combined.
- I enjoy baking my cookies that are measured at about 1 tbsp each - I use a simple measuring spoon, scoop the dough and roll it into a ball in my hands
- Place cookies on a lined baking sheet. Press down each cookies with a fork to give texture
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack or cutting board as they may fall apart
- Enjoy your cookies with a big glass of unsweetened almond milk & be sure to share with friends and family!