Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
Cooler days, yellow leaves, scarves & trips to the pumpkin patch means only one thing… EVERYTHING PUMPKIN SPICE!!! Like everything – pumpkin spice soap, pumpkin spice hand cream, pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin spice cookies, and pumpkin spice tea & latte’s. #PSL
Before you order your overpriced-chemically filled #PSL from your local Starbucks or local coffee shop, give this healthy version a go!
I could go into a typical ‘health-foodie tangent’ about the disturbing ingredients in Starbucks PSL that wreck havoc on your body… but I won’t do that. Instead here’s what you need to know – and a huge shoutout to foodbabe.com for her extended research and mission driven work to better educate the world about the toxic food that is being served.
Choose Your Health
Even if you quickly glanced over those photos you know why choosing a healthy alternative would be better for your health. This Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte will change your life, save you money and allow you to drink PSL all day, err day this fall!
What You Need
Ordering staple pantry items online is one of my favourite things to do!
I order my organic pumpkin spice blend from iHerb.com – it’s so easy to use and it’s mixed to a perfect consistency. You can also choose to make your own pumpkin spice blend if you have all the spices in your pantry.
- 2 cups of freshly brewed organic coffee
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- Brew coffee to your likings
- Add all ingredients except for your coffee into your blender to make your Pumpkin Milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour Pumpkin Milk into a small sauce pan, and heat over medium-heat on your stove top.
- Pour one cup of freshly brewed coffee into your favourite mug, and fill the remainder of the cup with Pumpkin Milk
- If one mug of PSL is enough for you, refrigerated your pumpkin milk for the following or continue sipping on the healthiest & most delicious PSL you've ever had!
- Adjust the flavours by increasing or decreasing the amount of spice in your latte.
- Tip: add whipped coconut milk with a dash of cinnamon to get the full #PSL experience.